Meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of the month
7:15 Table Sales
7:30 (sharp) Evening Programme
Venue: Stoke School
601 Main Road
During the winter months the club meets on the 2nd Sunday at 2pm
Meetings comprise of several regular features:
- Display boards are set up for -
- Articles of Interest: Unusual items that have been received, found, or seen in the news.
- Letter of the Month: a contest to display an item or exhibit page corresponding to a letter of the alphabet. The winner receives a small trophy cup filled with jelly beans (provided by the last winner) and all participants accumulate points to be awarded the Mitchner Cup at the end of the year.
- Special Display: a prize (Lucky Dip or a bar of Chocolate) for the winner of a monthly topic set by the Newsletter Editor corresponding to an international event, i.e.
- February/Valentine's Day - Hearts or Flowers
- "Music In Our Schools Month" - music, singers or instruments
- "If Pets Had Thumbs Day" - pets or animals
- "National Bike Month" - anything with wheels
- A short Business Meeting, with minutes having been published in the newsletter
- Monthly Programme:
- Guest Speakers, with regular annual visits from The Postal History Society in May
- Technical Workshop in September - short talks from members i.e. "Selling on the Internet", "How to Soak Stamps", "Watermarks"
- 4-Page Competition in April
- AGM in June
- Bicker Barter and Members Auction in August
- 8-Page Competition in October (to encourage extending the 4-page exhibit in April)
- Ductch Auction and shared supper with friends and family in December